Hit the pool again this morning... feeling the strenght coming back for the first 800 ish meters... then I start struggling and really have to focus on what I'm doing... keep those elbows high, etc., etc. As my mind was wandering after my initial strenght diminished I was thinking how God has used my kids to help me just let things go... I used to get so aggravated swimming that there was never any lanes in the pool, or if someone took the lane right beside me when the entire pool was open, (I'm trying to remember what else used to get me so upset, but I'm struggling... see there obviously has been a change!). Now I just hop in the pool, try to put a good, honest, worth my while, effort in, then get out. Not even the ice cube showers even bother me...
Trying to get my speed up on the running front I did some intervals on the treddy this afternoon. I tried to hold a 3:45 or less pace for 5 minutes, 2 minutes recovery... 3x. By the last one I was glad it was over. I probably should have gone for 4 or 5, but I was done and Emily woke up from her nap.
On the non-training front, I got caught up on all my photos... printed and into albums... that's as creative as I get, (sorry mom). I did buy a glue gun this week, but again mom don't get too excited i've just been using it to fix Matt's combines. All I can think is "Why didn't I buy one of these a year ago!???"
(yes, that is sand... I have no idea why she thinks the sand box tastes good.)
No comments:
Post a Comment