I moved to Lloyd a year and a half ago and have struggled and felt very frustrated with my inability to find a challenging and decent paying job ever since. Working with my old company Enbrige was a total blessing and I had landed a dream job when I joined their company back in 2002. When I go to the city now, and get a chance to visit my old co-workers, I get really sad and wish that I was still there. But like I said after getting married and moving to Lloyd, no one has given my previous work experience and education the credit I believe it deserves. Main reason (as far as I'm concerned), is b/c I'm a girl. This is Lloydminster.
However this past fall I got a new boss, one who actually cares and he has done nothing but help me try and better myself and my position within Husky. Yesterday I got offered an awesome job in the engineering group. With only 4 months left of work, and a long discussion w/ Brent, I turned it down. Even with the offer of more money, having my 6 days off with Brent every two weeks is more important to me right now... It will be a long time b/f we get as much 'alone' time together again! Maybe after maternity leave...
Lent started yesterday and I totally forgot! This year I'm going to give up white flour and sugar (other then fruit and honey), but I usually try to limit these things, so I'm also only watching 1 hr of tv a day... I have 6 books that have been demanding my attention since November so it's time I started plowing through them!
7.2.08
Bad timing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Megan that's really exciting about your job. You'll get what you deserve eventually. After babies and such! ha ha. K for lent, I don't know what to give up. Maybe chocolate. That one is always hard for me. I think it's going to have to be chocolate!
Amber
Post a Comment