Last night we got quite a thunder storm so it kiboshed Gauge and my walk, but I did get the baby room finally done. The last project was a book shelf that my Grandpa Willis had made years ago and needed a little TLC. Sadly I started this project a year and a half a go. It ended up in our garage or basement (where ever it was out of the way) until this spring when I resumed sanding. Dad replaced a few boards and I finally got the staining done on Wednesday. One of the best things about our room is how all the furniture in it has some connection to someone. Mom and Dad bought our crib, the book shelf is Grandpa Willis', Grandma Garton bought our dresser, Paulette and Uncle Andy gave us the glider, and Brent and I bought the toy box. I'll take some pictures tonight.
Because of my type A personality, (and watching too much "Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp" on Slice), I decided I wanted a "target outfit" for motivation for myself to fit into post- baby. When Brent and I were in the city last weekend I marched my way right into my favorite store and got a new shirt and sweater... "Hi. My name is Megan, and I am a Lululemon-holic." I'm so excited to wear it... I'm sure I could try it on now and it would stretch into maternity clothes, but I want to save it for post baby. For months every time to get dressed in the morning I feel such sadness when I look in my closet... it had almost become a grieving process! I'm down to wearing the same 3-5 outfits over and over again, but right now I just don't care. I'm so close to the end!
1 comment:
16 days!!!!!!!!!!
I have some really good post partum weight loss info I use for a class I do. If you send me your email I can send it to you.
Not that you need to worry about it. Enjoy your baby, before you know it your body will be able to do the things you love again. Your bike will see its maiden voyage before the summer is over!!
Take care!
Post a Comment